The Mackay Hospital and Health Service Oral Health Team provides high quality, publicly funded services within the Mackay Hospital and Health Service.
Our Services include general and emergency care with no out-of-pocket expenses to eligible adults and children.
Adult Dental Clinics are located in Mackay, Proserpine and Bowen with scheduled visits to Clermont, Collinsville and Sarina.
Fixed School Dental Clinics are located at Victoria Park State School and North Mackay State School.
Mobile Dental Vans service schools within the greater Mackay HHS including Bowen, Proserpine and the Hinterland.
- General, emergency and preventative services for adolescents and adults
- Denture manufacture, maintenance, adjustment and repairs
- Oral Health promotion through community and personal education
- Dental Hygiene Services
What to bring to appointments:
- Your current concession card and Medicare card
- Photo identification -adults only
- A detailed list from your doctor or pharmacist of any medications you are taking
Adults are eligible for publicly funded dental care if they are a Queensland Resident and hold a current Queensland issued:
• Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) or Centrelink (PCC)
• Health Care Card issued by Centrelink (HCC)
• Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSC)
• Queensland Seniors Card (QSC)
We also provide emergency care to eligible adults experiencing pain who reside in another state or territory.
Children are eligible for publicly funded dental treatment if they are:
• Aged 4 through to students in year 10
• Students in years 11 or 12 who have a current Centrelink, Healthcare or Pension Card
• Aged 0–3 whose parents have a current Centrelink, Healthcare or Pension Card
• have no fixed address and residing in Queensland (homeless children)
• under the guardianship of the Director-General, Child Care Services, Department of Communities
• eligible patients under the Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate Scheme - Services Australia
• 2–17 year old who are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
A parent or legal guardian must attend every dental appointment with their children.
More information on eligibility can be found by visiting: Public dental services | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government
Public dental specialist services
Availability of dental specialist services varies between locations and HHS oral health services. To be eligible for public dental specialist services adults must meet the eligibility criteria for free public oral health services.
Mackay Oral Health Service do not provide any of the following:
- Crown and bridge work
- Patient travel subsidy for dental services
Mackay Dental Clinic has a room equipped with specialised equipment to accommodate patients in wheelchairs and on beds. Please advise staff if you or your family member requires the use of this.
If you require after hours emergency treatment, please contact the Emergency Department at your local hospital or your private dentist.
Emergency Dental information
Emergency dental | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government provides information on what to do if you require more information on the following
- Knocked out tooth
- Chips fractures and cracks
- Bitten lip or cheeks
- Abscesses and swelling
- Soft tissue trauma and bleeding
- Jaw pain