Our Volunteers are an integral part of the care provided by the Mackay Base Hospital and play a crucial role in our health service.
They complement the care provided by our staff by generously giving their time to enhance the comfort and well-being of patients and their loved ones. They guide, drive and nurture our environment and assist with fundraising activities such as events, raffles and stalls.
All our volunteers are managed by the Mackay Hospital Foundation, our local, independent, community driven charity.
Some of the roles that are undertaken by our volunteers are:
• Manage the hospital information desk
• Escorting and assisting patients and visitors
• Trolley service for our patients, visitors and staff
• Operate the hospital’s gift shop
• Assist with raffles and fundraising activities
• Operate a daily play program for children at the Children’s Ward
• Assist across a range of other hospital departments
Volunteering can provide you with:
• A knowledge that, each and every day, you are helping people
• Social interaction and friendship with other volunteers and staff
• An opportunity to learn new skills
• An opportunity to give back to and be part of our community
If you would like to give “the gift of time”, join our Volunteer Program or find out more about how you could support your local hospital, please contact the Mackay Hospital Foundation.