The Mackay HHS is focused on improving the patient experience by optimising on the valuable contribution our consumers and community members make. Partnering with consumers happens across the organisation on many different projects and initiatives and supports many benefits including; improved patient safety, improved health literacy, improved knowledge and understanding about the healthcare systems, the delivery of culturally appropriate services which meet the needs of the local community and overall healthier communities.
The Mackay HHS Maternity Co-Design Project seeks to enhance the care we provide to more than 1500 women living in a wide area spanning St Lawrence to Sarina, Mackay, west to Moranbah, Dysart and Clermont and north to Proserpine, Bowen and Collinsville. Hearing about your experience will help shape maternity care to ensure we meet the needs of women and their supports. For more information on how you can get involved click here.
How can I get involved?
The Mackay HHS has a number of consumer opportunities, both voluntary and paid positions. If you would like to be involved please give us a call on (07) 4885 6801 or email email@example.com so we can find the right fit for you.
Advisory Partners contribute to the strategic direction of the health service. By providing oversight and feedback about the governance and strategic direction of the hospital. This involves consumers and community members participating in the review of how healthcare services are delivered, providing feedback and sharing stories relating to their patient experience. They also review patient information documents such as brochures to help improve health literacy.
Members of our Community Reference Groups contribute to the operational level of the health service by connecting the health service with consumers and the local community and providing them with a voice.
The Mackay HHS Consumer Advisory Partners (CAP) was established in March 2016 and comprises of ten members who represent the views of consumers, carers and community members who access healthcare services provided by the Mackay HHS.
The CAP provides a structured partnership between the HHS and the local communities which the organisation serves. Members of the CAP provide suggestions and guidance to the organisation on matters relating to patient safety and quality, patient experience and emerging local community health trends.
Purpose of group
- The CAP is the overarching consumer group for the Mackay HHS with its membership representing the geographical catchment area of the HHS as ‘one organisation’.
- To provide input into healthcare, based on experience, interests and personal experiences, from across the Mackay HHS catchment area; Mackay, Bowen, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Middlemount, Moranbah, Sarina and Whitsundays.
- Identify opportunities for Mackay HHS to improve the patient experience and strengthen connections with consumers and the local community.
- Identify emerging issues or trends in health and contribute to implementing service improvements.
Read the CAP Terms of Reference here.
For more information on our Consumer Advisory Partners, or to join the group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mackay HHS has seven Community Reference Groups. Members of the group are consumers and community members from the local community. Members are actively encouraged to have a voice in contributing to the development of healthcare services for their local community. The seven groups are;
- Mackay Community Health Reference Group. Terms of Reference coming soon.
- Bowen Community Reference Group (CRG). Read the Bowen CRG Terms of Reference here.
- Clermont CHANT (Clermont Health Advisory Network Team). Read the Clermont Health Advisory Network Team (CHANT) Terms of Reference here.
- Collinsville CAN (Collinsville Advisory Network). Terms of Reference coming soon.
- Moranbah Glenden Dysart Middlemount Community Reference Group. Terms of Reference coming soon.
- Sarina Community Reference Group (CRG). Read the Sarina CRG Terms of Reference here.
- Whitsunday Health Service (WHS) Community Reference Group. Read the WHS Terms of Reference here.
- Maternity Community Reference Group. Read the Maternity CRG Terms of Reference here.
The members of these groups participate in a voluntary capacity and contribute by providing a voice for health consumers from their local area, promoting preventive health initiatives to their local community, keeping connected with their local community and providing two-way communication between the healthcare service and community members by sharing feedback.