There is now a change to visiting hours at all Mackay Hospital and Health Service hospitals to provide more flexibility for those wanting to support a loved one. Two people may visit a patient, at the same time, for two-hours, once per day.
Visitors can always remain with a patient and are not restricted to the two-hour limit and may stay for longer if they are:
- Parents, guardians or carers for a patient under the age of 18
- Carers for a patient with a disability
- A partner or support person/s when the patient is admitted for care related to their pregnancy (including birthing)
- Support persons for emergency department or outpatient care appointments.
Some areas including Multi-Purpose Health Services and critical care may have specific restrictions, including limiting visitor numbers.
More than two visitors can provide end-of-life-support to a patient and are not restricted to the two-hour time limit, where clinically appropriate.
Please be aware that at times you may be asked to leave the ward to meet the healthcare needs of a patient.
Members of the public are not permitted to visit at hospital or aged care facility if they are:
- Unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath
- Are aged under the age of 16 (unless supporting someone at end-of-life
- Have been asked to self-quarantine due to travel overseas or interstate or close contact with a person who had COVID-19 in the previous 14 days.
Aged care facilities in Clermont and Collinsville
Visitors are welcome from 10am to 11.30am and from 5pm to 7pm.
All visitors must have up to date vaccinations against influenza (unless a medical exemption is provided, or it is a matter of urgency).
A maximum of two-hour visits per day are permitted (one visitor or two visitors together).
Mackay Base Hospital
- Visitors to the Mackay Base Hospital are welcome from 8am to 8pm.
- A maximum of two-hour visits per day are permitted (one visitor or two visitors together).
- Although most of our wards follow our general visiting hours, some have slightly different visiting times because of the service they provide, these are: