Our Occupational Therapy service delivers care to patients, both children and adults, throughout our hospital departments as well as in outpatient, community and rural settings.
Our Occupational Therapists play a critical role in helping people of all ages to overcome the effects of disability caused by illness, ageing or accident so that they can carry out everyday tasks or occupations and participate in the activities of everyday life.
Our services include:
- Assessment of patient’s function and ability to engage in their day to day activities
- Treatment to improve a patient’s function and meet their rehabilitation goals
- Treatment to provide a patient with self management and occupational skills to engage in their day to day activities effectively
- Education and training/retraining to re-integrate the patient functionally and effectively to their environment
- Functional re-training, prescription of equipment and home visits to facilitate discharge