We are able to offer you a diverse range of job opportunities including:
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Allied Health Professions
- Administration Services
- Support Services
You can access our current vacancies here. (select Mackay region)
More information on Queensland Health Employment
How to apply
- Find a job on our current vacancies site. (select Mackay region)
- Carefully read the advertisement and attached role description as it will provide you with important information on what you need to do to apply.
- To apply online you need to register for a free My SmartJob account.
- Click ‘Apply online’ and follow the steps.
- Attach required and appropriate documentation.
Nursing Re-Skilling Program
Mackay Base Hospital is once again offering its successful nurse re-skilling program to prepare nurses to return to work in a hospital. The four-week course supports registered and enrolled nurses to work in the acute setting.
To be eligible nurses must have maintained their Australian Healthcare Practitioner Regulation Agency registration. The course is a blend of self-directed learning modules, face-face education and simulation and supervised clinical practice. Find out more about the Nurse Re-Skilling Program
Nursing & Midwifery – Graduate Program
The Mackay Hospital and Health Service is committed to supporting the transition of Post Graduate Registered Nurses through their first year of professional practice and beyond.
The program will provide you with the opportunities to expand and explore your professional practice while working in a structured program that will facilitate your socialisation, clinical competence and participation within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Find out more:
- How to Apply through Queensland Health – Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program
- Mackay HHS Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program
Each year the Mackay Hospital and Health Service offers placements for medical interns who have the opportunity to rotate across various specialties.
Find out more on intern recruitment and how to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker – Career Structure
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker career structure plays an important role in ensuring the delivery of quality and cost effective health services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Queensland.
Find out more about