What is the Consumer Advisory Partners?
The CAP comprises of consumers, carers and community members from diverse and hard-to-reach groups who access the services provided by the Mackay HHS.
The CAP provides a structured partnership between the HHS and the local community which the organisation serves. Members of the CAP provide advice, direction and guidance to the organisation on matters relating to safety and quality, patient experience and emerging health trends.
Members of the CAP regularly participate in activities which support:
- improving health literacy, which leads to better understanding of health issues and health services
- opportunities to positively provide input into local health service activities
- partnerships with healthcare providers and community groups, which therefore increases consumers awareness and knowledge about healthcare and the health service the community to feel empowered and have a greater sense of ‘ownership’ over services and their own health.
From time to time we may contact members of the CAP and invite them to participate in other committees and working groups at a local and state-level based on their interests or personal experiences. Participation in additional activities is optional.
Purpose of group
- The Consumer Advisory Partners (CAP) is the overarching consumer group for the Mackay HHS with its membership representing the geographical catchment area of the HHS as ‘one organisation’.
- To provide input into healthcare, based on experience, interests and personal experiences, from across the Mackay HHS catchment area; Mackay, Sarina, Whitsundays, Bowen, Collinsville, Glenden, Moranbah, Dysart, Middlemont and Clermont.
- Identify opportunities for Mackay HHS to improve the patient experience and strengthen connections with consumers and the local community.
- Identify emerging issues or trends in health and contribute to implementing service improvements.