Join the Consumer Advisory Partners
- 3 x Experienced Consumer Representatives acting as a mentor to emerging consumer representative members with the guidance and input of the Chairperson (1-year term, paid positions)
- 7x Emerging Consumer Representatives who are current consumers and have a desire to be mentored (2-year term, paid positions)
Criteria for applicants
- It is a requirement that members of Mackay HHS Consumer and Community Groups are not affiliated with state or federal politics, this includes participating in activities such as lobbying.
It is highly desirable that members of the CAP;
- are also a member of their local Mackay HHS Community Reference Group, and;
- are a consumer of the healthcare system that has accessed healthcare in the past two years, or;
- are caring for someone who has accessed healthcare in the past two years.
What is the Consumer Advisory Partners?
The CAP comprises of consumers, carers and community members from diverse and hard-to-reach groups who access the services provided by the Mackay HHS.
The CAP provides a structured partnership between the HHS and the local community which the organisation serves. Members of the CAP provide advice, direction and guidance to the organisation on matters relating to safety and quality, patient experience and emerging health trends.
Members of the CAP regularly participate in activities which support:
- improving health literacy, which leads to better understanding of health issues and health services
- opportunities to positively provide input into local health service activities
- partnerships with healthcare providers and community groups, which therefore increases consumers awareness and knowledge about healthcare and the health service the community to feel empowered and have a greater sense of ‘ownership’ over services and their own health.
From time to time we may contact members of the CAP and invite them to participate in other committees and working groups at a local and state-level based on their interests or personal experiences. Participation in additional activities is optional.
Purpose of group
- The Consumer Advisory Partners (CAP) is the overarching consumer group for the Mackay HHS with its membership representing the geographical catchment area of the HHS as ‘one organisation’.
- To provide input into healthcare, based on experience, interests and personal experiences, from across the Mackay HHS catchment area; Mackay, Sarina, Whitsundays, Bowen, Collinsville, Glenden, Moranbah, Dysart, Middlemont and Clermont.
- Identify opportunities for Mackay HHS to improve the patient experience and strengthen connections with consumers and the local community.
- Identify emerging issues or trends in health and contribute to implementing service improvements.
Reimbursement for participation
The contact time commitment for members of the CAP is usually 2 hours each second month, to accommodate the bi-monthly meetings. Meetings are usually held on the second Monday of every second month from 3pm to 5pm. Non-contact time involves pre-reading and preparation which usually takes approximately 1-2 hours per-month.
Members of the CAP are reimbursed for their contact time only. Click here to view the Consumer Reimbursement Guidelines or for further information please contact the Community Engagement Team on the details below.
Appointment to the CAP may be for a term of up to 2 years, depending on the role.
For people located in rural and remote areas, video conference facilities will be available. For those attending the meetings in Mackay, travel arrangements will be offered in accordance with the Mackay HHS Consumer Reimbursement Policy to obtain a copy of the policy please contact the Community Engagement Team on the details below.
Applications close Sunday 7 April, 2019
To find out more about the role or for assistance with completing the Expression of Interest, please contact us on (07) 4885 6819 or email us at email@example.com