Mackay HHS currently has seven Community Reference Groups across our region:
- Bowen Community Reference Group
- CHANT: Clermont
- Collinsville Multi-Purpose Health Service Community Reference Group
- Sarina Community Reference Group
- Whitsunday Health Service Community Reference Group
- Mackay Community Reference Group
- Moranbah Glenden Dysart Middlemount Community Reference Group
What is the role of the group and its members
- Act as a voice for health consumers from the local area to provide input into the development of health services which are available to them.
- Identify health services needs and preventive health initiatives for their local community and bring them to the attention of the Mackay HHS staff.
- Keep connected with local community to inform them of current and proposed services and service models.
- It is a requirement that members of Mackay HHS Consumer and Community Groups are not affiliated with state or federal politics, this includes participating in activities such as lobbying.