In 2016 we asked our staff what they value most in the workplace and from their answers we produced our own set of values to live by.
These values are at the heart of ‘why we do what we do’ and they define ‘the way we do things’.
So what are our values and what do they look like?
Through partnerships and co-operation we drive innovation
– Build strong relationships
– Be open to new ways of doing things
– Be non-confrontational – try to understand others’ perspectives
– Involve others when making decisions
Having confidence, and belief in each other to be able to rely and depend on our action
– Own your actions and behaviours
– Look for solutions not blame
– Keep your word and do what you say
– Make your decisions based on fact not assumptions – don’t gossip
We show respect and compassion for the people we care for and work with
– Appreciate the values of difference – don’t be judgemental
– Be welcoming and listen to each other
– Be aware of your tone of voice and body language
– Value the opinion of others
We depend on and support one another individually and as a team
– Act as one health service
– Be aware of your personal triggers – manage your emotions
– Give and receive feedback constructively but don’t make it personal
– Be flexible, compassionate and offer to help
If you work in the health service, click here to download a copy of our values poster to display in your workplace.