In 2016 we asked our staff what they value most in the workplace and from their answers we produced our own set of values to live by.
These values are at the heart of ‘why we do what we do’ and they define ‘the way we do things’.
So what are our values and what do they look like?
Through partnerships and co-operation we drive innovation
1. We exercise our curiosity to advance new ways of thinking and working
2. We connect, collaborate and build partnerships to be progressive and to achieve our goals
3. We involve employees and stakeholders in planning and decision making
Having confidence, and belief in each other to be able to rely and depend on our actions
1. We are open to ideas and alternative points of view
2. We keep our word and do what we say
3. We empower each other and have confidence in people to do the right thing
We show respect and compassion for the people we care for and work with
1. We listen to patients, carers and their families and respect their concerns
2. We believe that how we interact with each other is as important as the work we do
3. We value every voice and consider all feedback and opinions as a positive contribution
We depend on and support one another individually and as a team
1. We are one Hospital and Health Service and act as one team across all functions and geographies
2. We share knowledge and skills to deliver the best patient care
3. Mackay Hospital and Health Service is a family energised by our diversity of skills, knowledge and life experiences